The church in Auckland, warmly welcomes you.
We are believers in the Lord Jesus Christ who have personally received Him as our Savior.
He is the most excellent and enjoyable Person. We love Him and endeavor to give Him the first place in all things. We rejoice to be cleansed by the blood of Jesus, God’s Son, born again of the Father’s divine life, and filled with the Holy Spirit.
We highly treasure the Holy Bible as God’s revelation of Himself and of His eternal purpose. We hold the common faith which is revealed in the Bible and is common to all genuine believers. As is true of all believers in Christ, we are members of His one Body, the church. In order to practice the oneness of the Body with all the Christians in Auckland, we meet as the church in Auckland. We are in fellowship with over 2,000 local churches worldwide to express the one Body of Christ.
We hold the faith which is common to all the believers:
(Titus 1:4, Jude 3)
- The Bible is the complete divine revelation inspired word by word by God through the Holy Spirit (2 Pet. 1:21, 2 Tim. 3:16)
- God is uniquely one, yet triune — the Father, the Son, and the Spirit (1 Tim. 2:5a, Matt. 28:19)
- The Son of God, even God Himself, was incarnated to be a man by the name of Jesus Christ (John 1:1, John 1:14)
- Christ died on the cross for our sins, shedding His blood for our redemption (1 Pet. 2:24, Eph. 1:7a)
- Christ resurrected from among the dead on the third day (1 Cor. 15:4)
- Christ ascended to the right hand of God to be Lord of all (Acts 1:9, Acts 2:33, Acts 2:36)
- Whenever any person repents to God and believes in the Lord Jesus Christ, he is regenerated (born again) and becomes a living member of the one Body of Christ (Acts 20:21, John 3:3, Eph. 1:22-23, Rom. 12:5)
- Christ is coming again to receive His believers to Himself (1 Thes. 2:19)
The church in Auckland isn’t our name—it’s our description. As such, it’s an inclusive title, not an exclusive one. We gather together simply as believers of the Lord in this city, and we receive as our brothers and sisters all who believe in Jesus Christ. Likewise, we warmly welcome guests and visitors who are not Christians.
Our desire is to follow the Lord and to carry on the church life entirely according to the New Testament. To this end, we have received many of the riches given to us by the Lord through His servants during the past centuries. We appreciate that Martin Luther saw justification by faith, that John Calvin wrote so clearly concerning predestination, that Madame Guyon recorded her inner-life experiences, that Count Zinzendorf practiced true fellowship with other believers, that George Whitefield opened the way for evangelism, that J. N. Darby expounded the Bible so thoroughly, that A. B. Simpson lived the life of Christ, that Andrew Murray showed us the subjective experience of the Spirit of Christ, and that Jessie Penn-Lewis spoke of the cross and the spiritual warfare.
In this century, Watchman Nee and Witness Lee were vessels used by the Lord to reveal the truth of the local church gatherings as the practical expression of oneness of the Body of Christ. They realized that Christians need to live by Christ, and the church must be practically one, void of any kind of division. We have just one goal: to experience Christ for the building up of His Body, the Church. To reach this goal, we gather frequently to study the Bible, foster a life in Christ, establish our children and young people in the faith, serve mankind with the gospel, and encourage one another’s God-given ministry in the Body of Christ.